• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hotspot issue

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with hotspot not rendering correctly in preview compared to in Captivate.

Essentially the hotspots are moving from where they are placed rendering them not in the correct place when testing.

Have tried in multiple browsers all the the same result.

Any suggestions would be appreciate as I'm really getting to my wits end with new Captivate and am so close to throwing in the towel on it.

In Captivate

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 4.30.29 PM.png

In browser

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 4.29.40 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Your suggestions did not fix the issue. Had to entirely remove Captivate and reinstall to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Sure thing.

Issue was that the brower cache needed to be cleared and I was clearing the cache in Firefox (which I don't use for testing these modules) instead of in Safari (which is what I test them in).

A real silly goose moment on my behalf!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are on Mac, so I am not familiar with its UI. Am I correct that you are using version 12? Can you check the full version number under Captivate, About Captivate? It should be 12.2 at this moment.

More users have mentioned this bug. Could you add your support to the requests on uservoice? You should be able to reach that platform directly from within Captivate (Help menu if it is the same as on Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will add the request there. Thanks as always Lilybiri!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. For some weird reason I am always ashamed about the amount of bugs in this new version and the need for workarounds so early in its existence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please provide information regarding the operating system and screen resolution? We've noticed slight movement of 1 to 3 pixels when published; however, in the listed project, it seems to exceed this range.
We suggest trying the following workaround: Save the project and reopen it. Then, rearrange the hotspot once more and proceed with publishing it. Please observe whether the hotspot still shifts by more than 1 or 2 pixels. 
We would also request you to share the project with us so that we can address this issue in the coming release. Rest assured, the hotspot's position will remain stable, and v12.2 projects too will automatically correct themselves once opened and published in the new release. Your cooperation is immensely valued, and we sincerely appreciate your assistance in enhancing our product experience for all users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suggestions did not fix the issue. Had to entirely remove Captivate and reinstall to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update. I'm excited to hear that even though the provided solution didn't resolve the issue, you took the necessary steps to troubleshoot the problem. It's commendable that you proactively addressed the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annoyingly this is happening again. 

Not only that, but the image itself is not behaving in a responsive manner inline with browser window resizing. 

Have tried all the above except reinstalling as this is not an acceptable solution. 

Please advise if there is anyway to resolve these issues as frankly, Captivate is far too buggy to be expecting customers to be paying for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Captivate

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 9.40.17 AM.png

In Safari (behaviour happens in all browsers on both MacOS and Windows11)

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 9.41.37 AM.png

Demonstrating image responsive issue in Safari (present in other browsers as well)

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 9.42.38 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, disregard - end user issue, no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it couldn't be interesting for other users to know how you solved this problem? I mean: edit your 'correct' answer, because this is not really helping people with similar problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing.

Issue was that the brower cache needed to be cleared and I was clearing the cache in Firefox (which I don't use for testing these modules) instead of in Safari (which is what I test them in).

A real silly goose moment on my behalf!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources