• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create a responsive project for iPad in landscape mode?

Participant ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a responsive captivate 2019 project for the iPad in landscape mode. The "iPad" choice in the Layout Preview drop-down menu displays width and height for portrait mode. Is there a way to set the layout preview to iPad landscape mode? I created a custom preview with a width of 960 and a height of 768, but I'm not sure that's a good solution.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking abbout Fluid Boxes or Breakpoint views workflow? If you don't want portrait mode, why not create a Blank, non-responsive project, and publish it with  rescalabality checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPads range for 1024x768 for the very first generation (Captivate default for iPad) to 2732x2048 for the latest, it means you have the same challenges as designing for computers/laptops. If you keep it in landscape only, I would consider designing it like for a regular screen, just account for the touch interactions instead of clicking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Eric for a slight correction. It is a common misunderstanding that you have to design for the 'screen resolution' in Captivate but that is wrong. You need to design for the 'browser' resolution, which is much lower than the screen resolution for iPads and iPhones (older ones have a very low browser resolution, less than Android smartphones).

Have a look at:

https://viewportsizer.com/devices/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the replies, Lilybiri and Eric, and also for the Viewportsizer link.

I do want to create a responsive project using fluid boxes. I'm going to start some test projects using different layouts, including a desktop layout, to see which I want to use.

Thanks again for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources