• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove the play button in the start

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an ignoring play button in the start of all my projects when publishing them.

How do I get rid of that?

TOPICS
Audio and video , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

You can't due to changes that browsers are making regarding things that are set to auto-play. Browsers are beginning to not allow audio and video from automatically playing in a page if the user hasn't interacted with the page yet. This is why the play button now appears when you publish files from Captivate 2019 as it requires that you interact with the page by pressing the play button thus your video and audio will play along with the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't due to changes that browsers are making regarding things that are set to auto-play. Browsers are beginning to not allow audio and video from automatically playing in a page if the user hasn't interacted with the page yet. This is why the play button now appears when you publish files from Captivate 2019 as it requires that you interact with the page by pressing the play button thus your video and audio will play along with the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at:

Poster Image - AutoPlay - Captivate blog

AutoPlay preventing existed since quite a while for mobile devices, but Chrome now also does it for desktop browsers. No way to escape, better learn to live with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a solution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U9O6-p--0E

In the projects index.html find the 3rd instance of cpInit();

ADD line: cp.movie,play();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a typo. The code you add should be:

cp.movie.play();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't always work as a click is not registered in the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should take care of bypassing that play button and going direct to the first slide as intended by the designer.

What it will not do is enable any autoPlay audio on your first slide.

As far as I understand - the audio is controlled by the browser interaction but that play button is put there by Adobe.

Instead of making an adjustment post-publish as the video demonstrates - I made the change permanent and then it works for when you want to preview HTML5 as well as when you publish out.

Mixed results on mobile, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please advise how you made the change "permanent"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of tweaking the index.html file of the published project - tweak the index.html file found in your Captivate installation folder. This is the file that Captivate grabs to make your published project.

Here is the location for Windows - I cannot speak to MAC

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\HTML\index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the html you are reffereing to is different to the published one. Can you eloborate which line to edit to make the change permanent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is how I edited my file. Right between cpInit();  and  initialized = true;

Feel free to add a different solution in this location if you desire.

Stagprime_0-1709642826373.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such great stuff 🙂 been waiting for solution for a quite a while.

Thanks a million Jurgen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources