• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How is it still a thing that we cannot format the quiz review area?

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This entire application exists to customize the learning experience for users.  We can format just about everything you can think of . . . except the quiz review area.  I want to, at least, be able to center the text. Nothing fancy. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the Quiz Review area on a specific Quiz Slide?  If so, that area isn't actually used nowadays for most quiz questions because during Quiz Review the correct and incorrect answers given by the learner are indicated by checkmarks and crosses.

Can you please show us a screenshot of what you are seeing and indicate what you want to achieve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Formatting of quiz objects needs to be improved, no doubt about that.

However can you explain why you are pointing explicitly to the quiz review area? That is a rather deprecated object, since it will only be used (since several versions) in two circumstances:

1. On quiz slides, if the question has been skipped. 
  2. On score slide to show the Pass/Fail message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are talking about just the review area on your results slide. Yes, it's true that while you can center the review placeholder text on your results slide, it will display left-aligned in preview and published mode. I think because both Rod and Lieve are correct, it's all but a deprecated feature at this point that it doesn't get the attention it deserves. I suggest submitting a feature request asking Adobe to give you more control of text formating on objects like this. I would also include the quiz progress indicator in this as well. I've always wanted to be able to center align the text in that object as well.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as the Review Area on the Quiz Results slide I never use that nowadays because it only gives you the ability show two different messages.  One for when the learner passes the course and one for when they fail.

However, what if you wanted to not only format the text any way you wanted but you also wanted to give the learner a different message when they had failed an attempt on the quiz but still had more attempts remaining?  Then you need THREE different messages, and the default Review Area doesn't give you any of this functionality.

So I now turn off that review area and add my own multi-state SHAPE object with four states:

1.  A default state that has no text and is the same colour as the slide background so that it is invisible.
  2. A state that shows a message when the user fails the quiz but still has more attempts allowed.
  3. A state that shows a message when the user fails the quiz and has no more attempts left.
  4. A state that shows a message when the user passes the quiz.

Then I use a Conditional Advanced Action triggered on entering the Quiz Results slide to decide which of these states should be shown to the user.  This way I am not limited by what Captivate offers by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a video I did many years but still works for Captivate 2019 that provides a custom solution for having your own results messages using a simple advanced action.

https://youtu.be/uxcH1dNH5Os

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources