• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How reporting quiz results by email - Captivate 8?

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How reporting quiz results by email - Captivate 8?

TOPICS
Getting started , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

More information...

...about sending results via email?

I don't know offhand, but there are essentially two approaches:

1. Figure out how to do a 'mailto:' link that passes the information you need (i.e. scores, etc) to the user's email client.

Problem A: Users HAVE to have an email client installed, like Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.

Problem B: Users will see that email content, be able to edit it, and will have to manually click 'Send'.

2. Setup a mailer program on a webserver that your Captivate proje

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reporting quiz results has been taken out of Captivate since version 7 (?) because it never worked really well, depending on more than CP alone. You'll have to figure it out using JavaScript, which is a better solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. Could you advise me where to find more information. Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information...

...about sending results via email?

I don't know offhand, but there are essentially two approaches:

1. Figure out how to do a 'mailto:' link that passes the information you need (i.e. scores, etc) to the user's email client.

Problem A: Users HAVE to have an email client installed, like Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.

Problem B: Users will see that email content, be able to edit it, and will have to manually click 'Send'.

2. Setup a mailer program on a webserver that your Captivate project can 'POST' that data to.

Problem A: You need a webserver, a mailer program, and a page that will receive the POSTed data (i.e. PHP, JSP, ASP, .NET)

Problem B: You'll need some sort of security around that mailer script or spammers will surely find it and use it to send out their own spammy stuff.

Do you REALLY need to send via email?

May be better to do an Internal Server...

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2010/08/reporting-the-quiz-results-to-a-local-server.html

(this is old, 2014, but gets the idea across)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, have found a way to automatically send quiz results via email without using a mail client, you may be interested in it. Here is a link, let me know if this is of any use. http://www.armada.uk/blog/automatically-send-quiz-results-from-captivate-in-html5/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry for bothering.
Thank you for the introduction, but I still do not receive gmail from my students, looking forward to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri, I've read your blog and used your insight into Captivate variables. You seem to always help where Adobe falls short. What I'm wondering is: I happen to know that Internal Server Reporting is a solution to this problem, and that Adobe doesn't seem to have figured that out. Or maybe they have, and they don't want to tell us because it would also give third parties an avenue to develop alternatives to the Captivate Quiz Results Analyzer.

I'm talking about the fact that it could be a solution if only Adobe were willing to provide documentation of the JSON format of the response, and the XML format of its FileData object. What I can tell from the example below is that all user variables are reported in addition to SCORM variables, but I'm disappointed that I have to find them without conveniently placed line breaks. If only there could be some documentation of the schema, I could do this. Yes, I know I can use the Adobe Captivate Quiz Results Analyzer to find them, but that doesn't help when I need to use the results in a mail message and therefore need access to the JSON properties and XML tags themselves. Thank you!

Stuart Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources