• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add a Movie duration to a Player skin?

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a video course, in which the client is requesting for adding the Movie Duration to the Player (i.e. - Time Elapsed / Total Time Duration of the Course, like 3:06/10:15 mins).

Now i'm not able to add time duration in any player along the seekbar, the movie duration is available only on the TOC.

It would be a great help if anyone can help me resolving this issue. Can someone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

You are talking about the 'developer's durations, which can be totally different from the real time a learner spend on a course. Personallhy I don't understand that at all... 

The total (dev) duration of a course can be calculated from two system variables: cpInfoFrameCount and cpInfoFPS.

To show continuously the elapsed duration you will need to use JS and create a frame event, which will allow to do a similare calculation from cpInfoCurrentFrame and cpInfoFPS. But that will not show the correc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are talking about the 'developer's durations, which can be totally different from the real time a learner spend on a course. Personallhy I don't understand that at all... 

The total (dev) duration of a course can be calculated from two system variables: cpInfoFrameCount and cpInfoFPS.

To show continuously the elapsed duration you will need to use JS and create a frame event, which will allow to do a similare calculation from cpInfoCurrentFrame and cpInfoFPS. But that will not show the correct duration if you have a course with branching. I wrote out 2 workflows to show the real elapsed duration in %... which is not what you want:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/percentage-progress-indicator-non-linear-course-solution-2

You'll need to create a custom skin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you mam!

I saw your blog link. I understand that you have created the percentage to be displayed in slide level. But i was expecting something in the player skin, which, as you mentioned we have to customize the skin. And that is out of my table as per the delivery schedule. So we will try to avoid the duration elapsed or total.

Thanks again for your timely help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mentioned it was not for the default player, which is SWF-based. It was rather easy to edit in Flash-times, but have no idea how it should be done now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources