• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a custom multiple choice with 3 tries

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to create a custom multiple with (single answers & multiple answers) by using multiple tries(eg 3 tries) to display the answers.

Don't want to use captivates default multiple choice. 

How to write a advanced action for this type of scenario?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems a simple question but that is not the case.

Can you first explain the reasons not to use the default MCQ slides? Maybe tweaking such a slide will be a much easier workflow.

I have posted many blogs about the creation of custom questions using standard objects, interactions, variables and advanced/shared actions. There are many questions to be answered before trying to indicate links:

• I suppose you need a score, but do you need to transfer it to a LMS?
  • For the MCQ with one correct answer, do you need Advanced Answer workflow?
  • For the MCQ with multiple correct answers do you need partial scoring?
  • Do you need the Retake functionality on Quiz level, same as for other quiz slides?
  • Do you need the Review functionality on Quiz level?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have used a lot of captivate default functionality. Trying the custom mcq for the 1st time. 

Is it possible to create a custom mcq with all the 5 bullet points you mentioned above? 
What kind of advanced action is required for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will be a lot of advanced actions, and some not almost impossible. But you didn't answer my original question: why not first try tweaking the default MCQ slides? It is important to understand the default behavior of those slides in-depth before trying to replicate it with custom quiz slides. Although a lot is possible with advanced/shared actions eventually combined with JS, it will be very complicated to reproduce all the points I mentioned. In this blog post you'll find a pdf included with links to all the blogs I created about quizzes. You'll find both basics but also a lot of use cases with custom question slides. 

Quiz Resources - eLearning (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

I have tried the default MCQ already. Just wanted to practice on how to create the custom MCQ advanced actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources