Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to display a hidden review button

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In a project of 10 slides, there is a review button hidden on each slide, which will be displayed only after the next button on particular slide is clicked.

Example.

Slide 1 to Slide 4: When the next button on these slides are clicked it will advance to the next slide.

Slide 5: If the next button on the slide 5 is clicked it will advance to the next slide & the review button which is hidden on each slide should also be displayed from slide 5 onwards to the rest of the course. 

How to write a advanced action for this type of scenario?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

OK, will try. I suspect you have an instance of the Next button on each slide.

Create ONE Review button on slide 5.

On Slide 5 use the On Enter action to 'Hide' that Review button.

In the Timing Properties panel, set its Timing to 'Rest of Project' and activate 'Always on top'.

For the Next button on Slide 5 create this advanced action:

Show ReviewButton

Go to Next Slide

The other Next buttons have the default action 'Go to Next Slide'.

The Review button has the simple action 'Jum

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what the functionality of that button is nor if you have more that two interactive objects on each slide. Timeline screenshot could explain that better.

This would be my workflow, but there are also alternatives:

1.  I would prefer to have ONE Review button on slide 5, which I would time for the rest of the project. That has the advantage that you have to cope only with one ID for the button.
  2.  Hoping that the Next button on slide 5 is an individual button, not one inherited from a master slide (which I would have done). If it is a Next button from the master slide, you need to create a new master slide only for slide 5, where the Next button is missing.
  3. For that special Next button (slide 5) just create a rather simple Advanced action:
          Show Bt_Next5
           Go to Next slide

The Next button timed for the rest of the project will now be visible on all slides starting from slide 5. 

One possible drawback: if you allow complete free navigation (playbar or TOC) the learner could go to a slide which is after slide 5, and the advanced action will not be done in that case, no visible Review button.

You can make that special button invisible using the Eye button in its Properties panel, but I would prefer to hide it using the On Enter action of Slide 5. That can be done with a simple action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mam the functionality of the review button is it will jump to the 5th slide. As 5th slide is a very unique slide. The review button will be on the top left in hidden state on each slide. After the next button on the 5 slide is clicked the review button will be displayed. Whatever the slide number is if the review button is clicked on any slide it should jump to the 5th slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, did you read and try the workflow I proposed? Do you allow free navigation, so that it could be possible to go to a slide beyond slide 5 without visiting slide 5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my project, the next buttons are only used on the main slide and Master slide has no next button, master slide has no navigation items. Earlier i tried a advanced action eg. When the learner click the next button on 5th slide, the hidden review button on each slide will b displayed using a show command. But I'm not able to get wat u explained. Is it possible for you to explain 1 more time. Sorry for the trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, will try. I suspect you have an instance of the Next button on each slide.

Create ONE Review button on slide 5.

On Slide 5 use the On Enter action to 'Hide' that Review button.

In the Timing Properties panel, set its Timing to 'Rest of Project' and activate 'Always on top'.

For the Next button on Slide 5 create this advanced action:

Show ReviewButton

Go to Next Slide

The other Next buttons have the default action 'Go to Next Slide'.

The Review button has the simple action 'Jump to Slide 5'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got it right mam, there are instances of next button on each slide. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you solve your problems with the provided information or do you have more questions? Sorry, but I am not used to your disappearing suddenly (have a strong memory).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes mam, problem is solved.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources