• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW TO I GET ANY FORM OF HELP FROM ADOBE FOR CAPTIVATE?. IS THERE NO SUCH THING AS CUSTOMER SERVICE?

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

In 2019 I bought an Adobe Captivate licence Version 11 for MAC

I recently (Aug 2022) upgraded my MAC Operating System to Monterey 12.5.1.

Adobe Captivate did not work so I uninstalled it and binned it using the installer.

I then logged into my Adobe Account and downloaded the link to my licence I purchased in 2019.

The Captivate_2019_LS21 file installed properly on my computer; the other two downloads ie Adobe Elearning Assets and Captivate 2019 Neo Content did no install. Error message - can’t find file location.

My main problem is that when I launched Adobe Captivate after installation it defaults to a "Sign up for a 30 day trial” page or buy.  It does not register my original licence I bought in 2019 despite the fact that I went into my account and downloaded the link from my bought product page. At no point was I asked for my serial number. It just defaults to sign up for a 30 trial offer then subscription and I cannot proceed from that point onwards. I closed all Adobe applications before installing and I signed into my Adobe account using the email  that I used to buy the product in 2019 so there is not an issue with incorrect email account.

Firstly, How do I get around the above problem.

Secondly there is the issue of the other two downloads not installing.

Thank you for your help.

Sherry Cuttler
TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20 VIEWS AND NOT A SINGLE PERSON CAN ANSWER MY QUESTION. IS THERE A CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AT ADOBE. IF THEIR PRODUCTS DO NOT INSTALL HOW DO WE GET OUR MONEY BACK.

IN A ADOBE COMMUNITY WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO HELP PEOPLE NOT A SINGLE PERSON CAN GIVE ME AN ADOBE CUSTOMER SUPPORT EMAIL ADDRESS TO HELP WITH ADOBE CAPTIVATE INSTALLATION ????????.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum While Adobe pops in from time to time, if you want to talk to Adobe directly, the USER forum is not where you want to go. Try emailing them at CaptivateHelp@Adobe.com with the specifics of your issues. Alternatively, you can click on this link to find other support methods. https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#captivate 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The version you bought in 2019 is not compatible with Monterey. You need version 11.8. Not very customer friendly is the message that 11.8 is only available as subscription license. You need to contact Adobe, this forum is meant to have other users solving problems for you. However the licensing needs to be managed by Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources