• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to publish a Captivate 2017 in HTML5 for an AICC cross-domain LMS (Cornerstone On Demand)

Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community,

Our company is authoring our courses with Captivate 2017. Due to the nature of our business, we must use an AICC-based LMS with our content hosted on our company servers (cross-domain).

Our development group is attempting to publish our courses in HTML5 . We have followed all the 'Uncomment' directions in the index.html file, so we are able to launch the course from our Cornerstone On Demand (CSOD) LMS.

The problem is, when the course launches, we receive the following error:

LMS_ERROR_2

Even though the course is running and we have control of the course, it is disconnected from the LMS, so there is no course status being reported back to the LMS.

We have tested the course cross-domain in a different LMS (Plateau) and have received the same error.

We have tested the course in SCORM Cloud as well as zipped the entire course file and loaded in the LMS (not cross-domain). In both situations, the course has worked with no problems. We have also published the course as a SWF in cross-domain and that works as well.

So, this leads me to believe that there is something we are missing that allows an HTML5 published course to communicate with the LMS in a cross-domain state, but at this point I'm stumped. Is there something the Adobe Community can offer to help us along with this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar, if not exact issue(s) with desktop Windows PC's and laptops.

We run SuccessFactors (Plateau v1708). Courses created and published as AICC will not record or show complete in the LMS. I have tried JAVA exit and commit scripts with no luck. However, Storyline projects published as AICC will work fine. I have used Adobe products forever, I am an original Corel user - never seen or had an issue like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't SL playing Flash content in a HTML wrapper? That may be why it works. CP creates HTML content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Storyline can also create HTML5 ONLY course content.  It's not required to be Flash.

I would be interested to know if Tom has tried uploading the problematic AICC course to SCORM Cloud and tested it from there.  Adobe's LMS code is supplied by Rustici Software who also make SCORM Cloud and the player software used by many other LMS vendors.  It would be good to find out whether SCORM Cloud shows the same issue or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RonW, LilyB,

Yes, I have published the "problematic AICC Captivate course" to SCORM Cloud. All is well, runs fine and shows completion_status as 'completed', however the exit: shows 'unknown' (see screen shot).  All my courses reflect the same in SCORM Cloud, they just do NOT show complete in LMS.  I publish with standard settings (https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/using/learning-management-system-lms.html) and have experimented with every combination of settings to pass, fail, slide views, etc.SCORM LMS Results.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you worried about the Exit status value?  It's the Completion and Success status that are most important as they're the ones that decide whether or not the learner is awarded a credit for doing the module.

If SCORM Cloud successfully shows that your AICC course can be completed and passed, then that establishes that the real issue is with your own LMS.  You need to get the people in charge of your LMS to find out WHY their LMS is failing.  All LMS companies have technical staff that understand what happens 'under the hood' in their LMS and you need to demand that these techies are pulled in on the problem. DO NOT allow them to fob you off saying that the issue is with Captivate.  You've basically proven (by using SCORM Cloud) that a decent SCORM-compliant LMS can successfully use this content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod,

Thank you very much for your input and expertise.  I too, am coming to the conclusion that it's the LMS, you are confirming my efforts and research. Sadly, I am not getting the support I need from SAP (SuccessFactors) as they are deferring support due to my Cross Domain environment. SuccessFactors admin guide defines how to use a cross domain, but it appears they do not support it if you elect to use CD.

I am working with Adobe Support for a workaround. Having used Adobe publication software for over 20 years, I love it and it is painful, emotionally and somewhat mentally, to have to use Storyline because of an LMS.

I am not giving up yet, I thank YOU very much.

On Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 5:47:38 PM PDT, RodWard <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

How to publish a Captivate 2017 in HTML5 for an AICC cross-domain LMS (Cornerstone On Demand)

created by RodWard in Adobe Captivate - View the full discussion

Why are you worried about the Exit status value?  It's the Completion and Success status that are most important as they're the ones that decide whether or not the learner is awarded a credit for doing the module.

If SCORM Cloud successfully shows that your AICC course can be completed and passed, then that establishes that the real issue is with your own LMS.  You need to get the people in charge of your LMS to find out WHY their LMS is failing.  All LMS companies have technical staff that understand what happens 'under the hood' in their LMS and you need to demand that these techies are pulled in on the problem. DO NOT allow them to fob you off saying that the issue is with Captivate.  You've basically proven (by using SCORM Cloud) that a decent SCORM-compliant LMS can successfully use this content.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10327636#10327636 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10327636#10327636

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Adobe Captivate by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Curious to know if this was ever resolved. One of my clients is running into the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources