• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to record user/subject matter expert feedback as a survey?

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling to figure out how user-entered data and text can be recorded. A bit of background into my problem:

I am setting up a project to conduct a survey based on a university research project. The aim being to be able to present the output of this research in an interactive way, after which allow subject matter expert to complete a quick survey to elicit their feedback and critique. Ive set up this survey very nicely in adobe captivate and it looks great and simple for users to follow, but cant get the following user-entered data recorded:

• User either accept or decline the informed consent agreement.
  • User entered name, organisation, email and short biography.

What is the best way of doing this?

Additionally, I would like to host/publish this as a single webpage for subject matter experts to easily access and complete the survey without hassle.

Thanks, Duncan

TOPICS
Advanced , Editing , Getting started , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those data can be captured either with Text Entry Boxes or with the Scrolling Text Interaction. They will be stored in user variables. You can use those variables on a final slide to display all the values. But how to transfer that to a LMS depends a lot on the LMS  itself. Some make it easy to retrieve values of variables, other not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.

Do you possibly have any links to tutorials or blogs for performing such tasks, and which LMS is traditionally the easiest? I managed to get some output with SCORM cloud, but not really what I'm needing, unfortunately.

Additionally, as my aim is to elicit subject matter expert feedback, Im needing it to be as simple and easy as possible for the user to navigate to the survey. Is it possible to host the project as just a single webpage or will this require substantial javascript coding?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks,

Duncan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a very old tutorial based on a solution I used with my last employer before I went freelance. I used a Google Forms survey and embedded the form at the end of my course in a web object. This solution would still work today with the latest version of Adobe Captivate. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources