• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to share project with colleagues, so they can continue editing?

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am a new user. I have started to create an eLearning and I would like to share it with a colleague in order to keep editing (no review yet). 

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks, 
Maria 

TOPICS
Editing , Getting started , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they have a Captivate license and use exactly the same version you do? In that case give them the cptx-file and they'll be able to edit. Beware: you cannot edit with multiple people at the same time. If you use a custom theme, provide them with the theme as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! Could you kindly let me know how I share the cptx-file? Is it under export or publish? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just the file you save, will have the extension CPTX. Not export, which has no way to export a file. Publish will create a published version but that cannot be edited.

Send it by mail, or use Dropbox or any transfer service if the file is too big. If you all have access to a network, put it on the network and ask them to download it. You should never edit a Captivate file while it is on a networked drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources