• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Stop the First Slide audio after jumping back from second slide

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Audio-Test.cptx file and where I have added audio to the first slide and Jump To action on two buttons.

Audio plays fine at first however I want when user Jump to any other slide and comes back to slide one audio should stop.

1  I have added Advance Action on Enter on slide 1 like below 

Steve5D2B_0-1604266101620.png

2  And on Exit added the below action

Steve5D2B_1-1604266184312.png

However when Jump back from second  slide or 3rd slide it plays the audio on the slide one, please suggest. I have attached the file also.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Captivate which is not part of Creative Cloud.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Triggered audio is any audio that was initiated from an Action. For example, if you run the following action on-enter of a slide:

Play Slide01.MP3

If you have slide audio, which is the most common, Stop Triggered Audio will not interrupt it. Instead, you should run the audio as part of your advanced action. Here is how I would do it...

1. Create a variable for each slide that you want to suspend audio on subsequent visits. I'm calling mine _Slide01Audio and giving it an initial value of 0.
  2. Create the following advanced action that is run on-enter of the slide in question.

First Decision Tab

Increment _Slide01Audio by 1

Second Decision Tab

If (Slide01Audio < 2 )

Play Audio Slide01Audio.wav

You can save this as a Shared Action and apply the same set of actions to multiple slides, variables and audio files.

Hope this helps

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I decided to answer your question by creating a brief video that explains how I would do what you're trying to accomplish: https://youtu.be/JsjuC-VfTNw 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can find a solution with micro-navigation and one shared action which can be used for all revisits: not only to play the audio only once, but also for other situations where you do not want thelearner to sit throughout something on a revisit:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/play-audio-once-on-first-visit

And the shared action can be found and used in:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/advanced-to-shared-action-step-by-step-micro-navigation-showcase

Do not use duplicate advanced actions if you need to use a solution on multiple slides. Using Shared action is a much better approach, especially in this case where you can reuse it in all projects and for different goals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources