Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 duplicated videos

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

O have this module I need the student to see the same video 3 times in diferent moments.

In the Captivate library there is only one vídeo, but when In publish, the video folder is full of copies.

When I delete these copies the videos doesnt work on the HTML5 test. I get a blank screen.

Is there a way to Captivate dont duplicate the video?

Thanks a Lot.

Baldoino

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

I would think the best option would be to put the video in an html page and zip it, then insert into Captivate as an HTML5 animation.

Put it on the first slide you need it and display for the rest of project, then show and hide the animation.

It may get complicated depending on what you are using to show the video. I imagine you would need listeners in the html to listen for clicks or slide enters to pause/play or rewind the video.

Just hiding it in Captivate will not stop the video from playing, i

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would think the best option would be to put the video in an html page and zip it, then insert into Captivate as an HTML5 animation.

Put it on the first slide you need it and display for the rest of project, then show and hide the animation.

It may get complicated depending on what you are using to show the video. I imagine you would need listeners in the html to listen for clicks or slide enters to pause/play or rewind the video.

Just hiding it in Captivate will not stop the video from playing, it's just not visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!
Your answer helped me a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.
I think it's a good solution.
But if the video I want to use on several slides, share space on each of the slides with other content, text, photo, etc.?
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources