Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 file not working on SP 2016

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help with resolve this issue.

• I compiled an old Captivate 2018 project to responsive project in Captivate 2019.
  • I requested SP Admin to allow json files, which they did.
  • I uploaded all HTML5 files and folder on SP site.
  • When I launch index.html, the course doesn't load. The loading icon keeps running forever.
  • When I launch index.html on local machine in IE 11.0, it works fine except at the beginning it asks me to enable ActivX controls.
  • I tried to launch from the SP site to both Chrome and IE 11.0. Both doesn't load the course.

Am I missing something? I would really appreciate a quick solution. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Thank you @RodWard for your response, but I tried what is mentioned in this post and it worked for me. There's some work that is involved but I'm doing it for the sake of posting them on SP as I don't have any other Web server in my org to post my CBTs.

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/11/adobe-captivate-2019-vs-sharepoint-issue-real/?unapproved=189425&moderation-hash=5f20709e5adeb4df5935cc90b42742a6#comment-189425

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are missing is that you are trying to get SharePoint to do the job of a web server.  It's not designed for that purpose.  If you want to give other users the opportunity to view your content in their web browsers you need to upload the content to a proper web server (JSON enabled) or else publish with SCORM settings and upload the SCORM to an LMS (also with JSON enabled).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response! I really appreciate it. Currently my company does not have a LMS where I can publish it. I want to publish it on SP site, what suggestions do you have for this? I do not want to create an Mp4 file as it'll loose interactivity with the learner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to say that I cannot really offer you suggestions about how to get your Captivate HTML5 content working from a SharePoint site.  It just does not seem to be possible.

I am currently working under contract for a large multi-national mining company who uses SharePoint for just about everything and this same issue came up not long after I joined the company on a project.  We consulted the company's SharePoint experts to find out whether it could be done and their reply was that it would not work as a solution for delivering our HTML5 content.  All we really wanted was to be able to put up early Beta versions of our HTML5 training modules for approvers to view from SharePoint.  But in the end we had to go a different route and simply upload the modules to a website and give the approvers a private link to view the modules from there. 

The company does have an LMS with both a Sandbox version as well as Production, but the process for getting anything in there is so convoluted we look like just testing SCORM modules on SCORM Cloud LMS until they are ready for UAT to Production LMS.

Sorry I cannot offer better news.  Maybe someone else here has had luck with SharePoint.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @RodWard for your response, but I tried what is mentioned in this post and it worked for me. There's some work that is involved but I'm doing it for the sake of posting them on SP as I don't have any other Web server in my org to post my CBTs.

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/11/adobe-captivate-2019-vs-sharepoint-issue-real/?unapproved=189425...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Since you already have the json files activated, you just need to do 2 more steps for the Captivate published folder to work on O365 SP. Upload your Captivate Published folder into the Site Assets folder first.

1. Enable Custom Script on your SP site (ask your IT to help you with that)

2. Copy your index.html file and paste in the same published folder where your index.html resides and right click the copied file to Rename it and just change the ext .html to .aspx and double click that newly created aspx file to launch in browser (see attached image)

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources