Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can not run Html5 out put of captivate in mobile

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all
I did an interactive project on captivate. I want to publish   html5 that can be run on phones, tablets, desktops, etc.
But when I send my output to the phone, it is not run . Although it runs on a computer, what is the reason?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

How did you 'send' the published output to your phone?  HTML5 output needs to be uploaded to a web server or Learning Management System and then accessed from there via a web link.  Is that what you did, or did you just upload the files to your phone by some other method?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Scalable HTML should still work on a mobile device, but you will find that it only scales so as to fit the content against two sides of the device screen.  You will normally have some wasted space along two edges.  This is because Scalable HTML content preserves the aspect ratio of the content.  Only responsive courses will stretch or rearrange the content to hit all four sides of the available screen area.  It's up to you whether this is important enough to require rebuilding the course.  Respo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you 'send' the published output to your phone?  HTML5 output needs to be uploaded to a web server or Learning Management System and then accessed from there via a web link.  Is that what you did, or did you just upload the files to your phone by some other method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Thanks for your help, yes, I just sent the file to my mobile.
    Another question is that I created the project as a blank, my project is not responsive. But  I published it as scalable html, Now my question is that dose it mess up when students  run it on the phone and so on. Do I have to do it again with fluid boxes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Scalable HTML should still work on a mobile device, but you will find that it only scales so as to fit the content against two sides of the device screen.  You will normally have some wasted space along two edges.  This is because Scalable HTML content preserves the aspect ratio of the content.  Only responsive courses will stretch or rearrange the content to hit all four sides of the available screen area.  It's up to you whether this is important enough to require rebuilding the course.  Responsive courses are somewhat more complicated to do, and you seem to be just beginning this journey into the world of e-learning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources