Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot import PowerPoint slides into Captivate 2017

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I cannot import PowerPoint slides into Captivate 2017.

After the selection of the pptx file to import, the parsing process is beginning

2017-06-01_16h17_01.png

and then it is interrupted with the following error message:

2017-06-01_16h17_11.png

The pptx file is not corrupted.

Some suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lino

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

This is a common issue with PPT files.  The usual workaround is to save the PPTX to an earlier PowerPoint PPT format before attempting to import into Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a common issue with PPT files.  The usual workaround is to save the PPTX to an earlier PowerPoint PPT format before attempting to import into Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!

Thanks RodWard​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but how is that an issue with PPT? It is surely an issue with Captivate. I am a Storyline user and have just downloaded the 30 day trial of Captivate. First thing I did was to try to import a simple 8 screen pptx file and I get the issues above. I'm already thinking of dumping Captivate and I haven't even tried to use it yet becasue it has fallen at the first hurdle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you primary goal is to convert PPT to so-called eLearning, please stay with StoryLine. I am a big fan of Captivate, find it much more flexible, but for real eLearning courses, not for a converted presentation.  If you are serious about real responsive projects, about reusability of assets and scripts, try to develop a course with Captivate.  Even for presentations I find Captivate more suited because I can convert it to an interactive movie:

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/TimelineBlog/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you about PPT not being a good starting point for creating eLearning. In fact if the aim is to convert a PPT to a more interactive SCORM compatible format, I would recommend iSpring.

But we do often get base content from clients in PPT format and it is disappointing to find that Captivate does not handle that well, despite claiming to do so.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just a user, even in that case I would unzip the pptx files, import the assets to the Library of a new project and recreate from scratch.  Try it out, Library is one of the feature you'll have in CP, not in SL which makes life much eeasier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not true, even as .ppt files , Captivate cannot import PPT files, not even if you have one slide with one word. It is a Captivate issue, every time I try to import ppt slides I receive this message. Then I close the message and nothing happend.

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 12.33.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like youo haven't installed Java....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources