• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm losing audio when I publish to Captivate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI all. I've just completed a project. Viewed it in HTML 5 preview and all narrativion plays fine. When I "publish" it, most of the audio disappears?

Please help - Thank you!

TOPICS
Audio and video , Import export , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Preference setting to make sure Include Audio is selected.

PreferencesIncludeAudio.png

Are you losing Slide Audio or Object Audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this was cchecked - thank you - I'm losing slide audio - it's super strange as all is present when I view in HTML5 in the browser as a preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the folder where you publish the HTML5 output and look inside the ar folder there do you see audio files listed?  (ar stands for audio resources)

If there are audio files present in that folder then the audio is being published out.  If they are not there then that would explain your issue with not hearing audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are all there? Hmmmmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I play it back - I play it back via "index" right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hang on...are you simply trying to play your content by launching it locally on your PC?  If so, upload your content to a web server and launch it from there. 

When you use the Preview as HTML option in Captivate it creates a temporary localhost web server to allow you to view your content.  When you publish HTML5 it also creates a temp web server.  But if you just navigate to the publish folder and launch your content from the index.html file then there is no web server and some things may not work because HTML5 is normally played in a web server environment.  Simple HTML5 content you might get away with launching locally.  But Captivate's HTML5 content is anything but simple.

So, test it from a web server and let us know what happens then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rob - that worked! I appreciate your help. 

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I meant to type Rod 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources