• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I've had a working version of Captivate 2019 on my computer, but not I cannot open it.

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a working version of Captivate 2019 on my computer, but I have not used it for 6 months.

Today when I try to get into it, it ask for a serial number, which I don't remember having.

Is this the Adobe plan, it works for about 2 years and then you have nothing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it a Trial Version of Captivate when you were using it 6 months ago?

If it was a licensed version of Captivate then you should still have the Serial Number somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it a perpetual license or a subscription license? For a subscription license you need to log in with the Adobe ID used for the purchase. Serial number is only needed for a perpetual license.  For a subscription license you should have needed to pay for it the monthly fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a full working version purchased by my company.  It was not a trial. It was not a subcription. I found an e-mail inviting me to activate my license, but that link no longer works.  Due to many changes in my company over the past two years - (we were spun off then aquired by another company), I doubt local IT will support me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you had already used the old email link to activate the license then there is no way it will work for you now.

Captivate (and other Adobe app) licenses are always associated with a specific Adobe ID.  Do you happen to know what the Adobe ID was when you were using it before?  It will likely be using an email address as the Adobe ID, and if you get the correct ID then you may be able to log back in to find out details of the Captivate license assigned to that ID. 

However, if your company was acquired and your previous email address now no longer functions, then you may find things more difficult.  It's quite possible that your new company owners will need to procure a new license for you to continue using Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources