Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Icon error when publishing to video

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am trying to publish to video. I am using custom settings. Size is 1684 x 1080. Profile: main, Level: 40, force republish is checked, target/max bitrate is 2/4. The test button says "settings are valid." 

When I hit the Publish button, I get an error message: "The icon file is damaged. Icon might not be generated correctly. Do you want to continue?"  When I hit yes, the video will begin processing, but will stall out at 99% and will not finish. 

I have not used any icons in my project, or even svg files for that matter. Could this be referring to a software icon? I deleted and reinstalled Captivate but this did not solve the problem. 

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks much! 

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

The usual way to debug something like this is to create a copy of your project and start hiding groups of slides and republishing to find out where the issue is located.  Hide one half of the slides, then republish.  If that works, the issue is somewhere in the other half of the project.  Use a process of elimination to find the slide responsible, then start dragging objects OFF the stage into the scrap area until you can successfully publish again.  That will be where the problem is.

If you c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual way to debug something like this is to create a copy of your project and start hiding groups of slides and republishing to find out where the issue is located.  Hide one half of the slides, then republish.  If that works, the issue is somewhere in the other half of the project.  Use a process of elimination to find the slide responsible, then start dragging objects OFF the stage into the scrap area until you can successfully publish again.  That will be where the problem is.

If you cannot locate any issue by these methods, then the only other likely possibility is that your project has become corrupted.  You can try copying all slides into a new project shell of the same size, but you will usually need to go through and fix up any Advanced Actions afterward because all objects will be assigned new Object Names during the copy over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much! I was able to find the problem this way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources