Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Position Off when Previewing and publishing - Animation Effect

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.

So, I have a basic layout with 3 images, all with the same Y position and all with the Ease-In effect applied in the Timing Panel - Here is an image of that:

Position error BEFORE.png
MY PROBLEM comes in that when previewing as HTML5, or when publishing, the images do not end up where they should - the first does, the second slightly lower, and the third lower still - like steps. The end result is that the multistate objects they trigger overlaps then and the whole thing is off!

Here is the result:

Position error AFTER.png

How do I fix this, since their final positions are correct when editing the slide?

Speedy assistance much appreciated since client is reviewing on Monday!

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

In think your issue is that only the first object is able to complete its animation before the slide timeline is paused by the first image button.

Try removing the pause points completely, and if that fixes the issue, then reinstate them but have all the pause points lined up vertically and somewhat later so that all animations have time to complete before the pause kicks in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S - I did try deleting cache files, but it did not fix my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so I found the problem - since the images are used as buttons, their pause position is what affected their positions,

since one layer affects all - I moved the next and back buttons pause positions, but forgot about the images - so problem fixed! Haha, so simple..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Typical for what I always call the First stumbling block for CP developers: understanding the Timeline.

Maybe reading this rather detailed explanation about pausing points and absolute pauses can help:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In think your issue is that only the first object is able to complete its animation before the slide timeline is paused by the first image button.

Try removing the pause points completely, and if that fixes the issue, then reinstate them but have all the pause points lined up vertically and somewhat later so that all animations have time to complete before the pause kicks in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources