• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Important file modification for Cornerstone users

Advisor ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having problems with HTML5 files not loading in Internet Explorer in Cornerstone, I asked Cornerstone to look at one of my HTML5 published zip files. The issue I was having with this particular file was that the course wouldn't load in Internet Explorer but would load in any other browser. They found that there was an error message with the DoFinish command.

I did some digging and found that since the file SCORM_utilities.js wasn't being referenced in the index_SCORM.html file that Cornerstone wasn't loading the SCORM_utilities.js file at all. I added the line <script type='text/javascript' src="SCORM_utilities.js"></script> in the header section of my index_SCORM.html file and was able to open the file correctly in Cornerstone. I also found that having this in my index file also fixed other problems I was having in Cornerstone with swf published files not working correctly, such as the close/exit button of the playbar being non-functional.

You can modify the default html files and add the line to them so that every time you publish a file the fill will always be referenced. The following directories are where the html files are located.

FOR HTML5

<install path>\Adobe Captivate 8 (64 Bit)\Adobe Captivate 8 x64\HTML

FOR SWF SCORM 1.2

<install path>\Adobe Captivate 8 (64 Bit)\Adobe Captivate 8 x64\Templates\Publish\LMS\Standard\SCORM\Default\1_2

FOR SWF SCORM 2004

<install path>\Adobe Captivate 8 (64 Bit)\Adobe Captivate 8 x64\Templates\Publish\LMS\Standard\SCORM\Default\2004

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Im really struggling with my projects. i followed the instructions here but it still wont show as expected in cornerstone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please start a new thread? This one is from 2014. You probably are on a totally other Captivate version. Try to give some more details: how did you publish the course, was Reporting enabled in this course (to create a SCO), or not.? Which version of Captivate do you use: full version number please as you can find under Help, About Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources