Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported PPT slides are white - Captivate 2019

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm updating previously created project and when i went to preview in "html5 in browser" all the content slides that were imported from PowerPoint were all white.

Thought it might be a glitch with the preview so i published the content and it was the same. Tried viewing it in different browsers, made no difference.

I tried re-importing the slides using high fidelity, same result. I tried on a different PC, same result.

i tried re-importing the slides not using high fidelity, finally i could see the slides. However, the sharpness in high fidelity is preferred.

Anyone else finding this issue? not sure why it's occurring.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't get any answer, sorry about that. Personally I never use PPT slides to create an eLearning course in Captivate.

Just one tip: PPT slide do use the Blank master slide. Are you sure that it is really blank? Nothing inherited from the main master slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that @Lilybiri, apologies for the late reply

It's happened again on another file, and yes, everything is inherited from the master slide (such as banners) but nothing from the slide content.

I raised this with Adobe helpdesk, hopefully they will be able to get to the bottom of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blank master slide needs to remain blank, is used for both software sims and PPT import. Uncheck the option to inherit objects from the main master slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, i will certainly try it in future builds.

Although it recently happened again when updating PowerPoint content with a captivate file that didn't have the blank content issue previously.

I've recently updated Captivate to the latest version (11.5.0.476), and when updating the ppt content on a Captivate file that had the blank content issue it seems to now work properly.

Thanks again for you help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welciome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Imported PPT slides use the Blank master slide. Can you check that slide, and it needs to be really blank?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources