Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Captivate on a network not connected to the Internet

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I would like to have Adobe Captivate installed on a network that is not connected to the Internet. Is there a way to do so?

kind regards,

Pascal DANIELS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've certainly run Captivate for days at a time without an internet connection, for example, when I'm travelling. Still, there are a couple of times when you need the internet, even if it's temporary. First and foremost is when you activate the software. I would recommend a perpetual license so that your software isn't constantly checking for the status of your monthly subscription (even though it requires a year-long commitment at first). There are a handful of other features that need an internet connection to function, namely the resources from the assets store. Another such feature would be the use of Adobe fonts. Without an internet connection, you couldn't download and use fonts from Adobe Fonts. I believe Adobe fonts require an internet connection during the publishing process as well.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for your reply. My initial concern, though, was for the installation of Captivate on that network where no Internet connection is possible. As for the fonts, I do not require much in that field so the default settings will be fine by me.

Pascal DANIELS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources