Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installer tells me a OS/Broswer Update is Needed

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I am trying to install Captivate 2019 and am running into an issue.  Everytime I launch the installer the first screen that comes up is an error message that says I need to update my OS and/or browser.  I am running Windows 10 Pro 21H2 with all of the updates installed.  I've tried adding the reg keys recommended on https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/update-operating-system-and-browser.html?internal_browser... with no change.  Using the same installer that I've used to install to other machines.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Càptivate (look under Help, About Captivate) and which OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2

Trying to install Captivate 2019 but I will try and find a more specific answer for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, did you solve this problem as we are having the exact same issue with the error message on launch saying "Update OS or browser".  Couldn't see a reply to your question and was wondering how you sorted it please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I did find a workaround. I downloaded winrar and extracted the files independently, then ran the installer and it worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources