• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Captivate 2019 "A problem occurred while extracting some files..."

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install Captivate 2019 on Windows 10 and after downloading the file, on running it, I get the following error:

"A problem occurred while extracting some files. Check available space on your computer and the write privileges on the destination folder."

Our IT Support team investigated and I have over 100GB free and no write limitations.  On running the file in Admin mode, it said the file was corrupted.  Tried downloading again and get the same error.

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on other posts, I tried installing the Adobe Application Manager and downloading the file again, but I get the same error.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been trying to install Captivate yourself?  Perhaps you should ask one of your IT people to try doing the install.  Their security privileges may be slightly higher and that could make a difference.

Just out of interest, where is your Windows profile stored?  Is it on your local hard drive or is it 'virtualized' to a different LAN server somewhere?  That can sometimes be an issue.  You can try disconnecting your computer from the network to do the install so that it is forced to use a local hard drive folder to set up the Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what the IT Service Desk tried:

"I have tried Extracting the exe file and run setup file as admin. There is error that the file is Damaged. I found the Folder is only 13.3MB only.
I have unjoined the Computer to the Domain and run the exe file from C drive as Admin. Same error."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is definitely not right if the file is only that small.  The Captivate 2019 install file should be almost 3 gigabytes when decompressed.  If you already have a subscription license, you should be able to install the trial version of Captivate 2019 and as long as you are logged in with your correct Adobe ID it will recognise that you are able to launch the full version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have a subscription license.  It's the installation part that isn't working, as outlined. Anything else we can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I have sent you a private message. Please provide the requested information so that we can connect and look into it.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources