• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Instructional design

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting started with an instructional design side-job.  Can anyone compare articulate to captivate for me? For a beginner?

thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personal opinion here, but most people that have used both apps would probably say Articulate Storyline felt easier to use.  I feel that the reason for this is the interface is basically a rip-off copying PowerPoint's layout and menus.  People who are very familiar with building presentations in PPT find Storyline quite familiar.

Captivate's interface is really nothing like PPT and therefore requires learning from the ground up.  However, the payoff is that Captivate has deeper functionality in several areas.  I have used both apps many times for client projects, but I always prefer to use Captivate because it doesn't limit me as much in what I can achieve.

Last time I looked, the pricing is roughly similar, with Articulate being the more expensive of the two.  Both are now subscription-based plans.

I suggest you download the trial versions of both apps and see which one you prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use both products too and agree with you, Rod. The price, though, is not similar. Captivate is 33.99 a month, which you can pay monthly on a year's subscription, for a total of 407.88/yr. Storyline is 1,000, which you have to pay all at once, not spread out month to month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I accidentally was logged as my client and can't seem to delete the message I posted. This is what I wrote:
I use both products too and agree with you, Rod. The price, though, is not similar. Captivate is 33.99 a month, which you can pay monthly on a year's subscription, for a total of 407.88/yr. Storyline is 1,000, which you have to pay all at once, not spread out month to month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources