• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive video option not appearing

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pulled up Captivate this morning, and the interactive video option in the toolbar is not appearing. It was appearing a few days ago, so I'm not sure what's going on. I have version 9.0.2.437. I checked to make sure all my updates are current. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to clean the Preferences? Normally any video inserted as slide video can be an interactive video, will have a Bookmarks and Overlay layer in the Timeline. You don't really need that button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't done anything with the preferences. A couple of days ago, this icon was appearing on my toolbar, and now it no longer is. I don't see any options for making it an interactive video without this icon.  icon.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot check since CP9 is no longer on my system, only have CP2019.

Cleaning Prefernces is a common workflow to correct a possible corruption of Captivate. Look for the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder and run the CleanPreferences... file appropariate for your OS while Captivate is closed.

Did you try to insert a video as slide video? Do you not see the Bookmark and Overlay layers which allow you to create an interactive video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chatted with Adobe support, and this new feature is available in later versions. So, I'm downloading the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My bad, forgot at which moment it was added. I seem to have created interactive videos since so long... From your question I understood that it had disappeared, but you never had it in your version. That was misleading...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources