• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive video overlays triggering early on iphone

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I keep having a lot of issues wih iphone and overlay slides. My project is one slide with a vimeo video and then overlay slides. The idea is that the video will stop, go to an overlay with a knowlage check, and then when they pick the right answer it continues the video. This works on my computer, on my andriod but of course not my clients iphone. If jumps to the overlay too early on some and right on on otheres. Been having a lot of weird issues with inconsitent bugs like this to the point that I'm considering a new platform. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here's the project thusfar

http://whatshouldyoudogame.com/beta/index.html

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one client at the moment where all of the content will be delivered to mobiles, not desktops.  Trying to get consistent performance across all platforms can be a nightmare.  I'm not blaming Captivate though.  I see the issue as the way the different mobile OSs adhere to their own standards.  I have found that the more complicated you make your course content, the harder it becomes to get everything to work consistently. 

I know Captivate supports the idea of using overlay slides with videos, but if you are running into too many issues, you may simply need to rethink whether that feature is worth the trouble and budget you are burning on trying to implement it.  Another approach that involves breaking up the videos and then having the questions on their own slides between the videos might make more sense and allow you to sleep at night. 

By all means try another authoring app if you want.  But from what I hear, none of them can guarantee everything will work as you might want.  They all have limitations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may wish to edit your video to have a great blank space (margin of error) at the points where the overlays will go. This might account for the variability of the internet and various bandwidth issues. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources