Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Video / publish as EXE

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning:

I have a project that has some normal slides in it, and then some that have slides with an interactive video and overlays in it.  We have no test LMS so we have to test all our files as EXE.  When testing as exe, the project will not proceed to any of the slides with the interactive video.  Simply put, you can click "Next" as long as you want to, and the project will not proceed if the next slide has the interactve video.  In HTML5- it works perfectly. Is there something I need to do to get the Interactive Video to work when published as EXE? 

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may ignore that EXE is based on SWF.  Since the end of the Flash Player is very near (or has happened already in some browsers) lot of newer features are only possible for HTML5 output. That is the case for Interactive video.

It seems also very weird to test in an output format (SWF) which can be completely different from the final HTML5 output. Put the HTML5 folder on a webserver for testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree it is weird to test in EXE, which is completely different from HTML5.  Our problem is we do not have a test webserver either. I'm trying to find a way to publish this so that I can send (via email) the file to the SME to test it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources