Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Video Reporting in LMS

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I have created a very short interactive video with only one overlay slide. 

I have tested it but it keeps marking me as complete in my LMS without watching the whole thing. 

It also starts from the beginning instead of starting where I left off. 

Can I have some help with this? 

Thank you! 

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Audio and video , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you mean the slide is marked as complete before the slide video has completed? Captivate marks a slide as complete (or perhaps more accurately "viewed") on entry, not when the end of the slide has been reached. If you want the user to only be able to progress once certain things have been completed e.g. the video watched you would need to create custom controls and show/hide them as appropriate. So you could create a Next button but have this display at the end of the slide.

Regarding bookmarking via the LMS, this works on a slide basis so will return you to the slide, but not the position you were in the slide.

There are far more experienced Captivate users here than me, so if I am wrong or there is an alternative somebody will help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@I°don't_....   Very correct answer, will not repeat it, just some supplementary information:

• That a slide is marked complete On Enter has been done on demand of many users, used to be different. Reason: if you use a Next button, the end frame of a slide will never be visited and if completeness depends on visiting the last frames that would lead to a lot of slide marked incomplete.
  • Resuming where left of (bookmarking) is indeed slide-based. An interactive video is on one slide. If you need more granular resuming, distribute the video over multiple slides. Alternative is to set up a Bookmark menu as I do in all my interactive videos. Just a link to one:
    Custom Play Pause button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources