• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Video's Drag & Drop Slide does not Exit on Success or Failure Actions

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have been using an interactive video with drag & drop overlay slides as a knowledge check. After three failed attempts, the user is supposed to to be sent to a bookmark where the content is re-explained.On success, the slide is supposed to close and the project is should continue (On Enter = Pause; On Exit = No Action; slide duration = 1.5 sec; Pause After = 1.5 sec). However, in both scenarios, the slide freezes with only the 'Submit' button changing state when hovering over it. Additionally, the 'Failure Caption' sometimes appears on the first attempt even when the drag sources have been dropped in all correct targets.

What worries me is that it was all working perfectly in HTML5 Previews until I did final tiny tweaks (e.g. test the function of 'Auto Submit Correct Answers'). I then cancelled the final tweaks and set the options back to what they were but somehow the slide stopped functioning properly On Exit.

(I have tried playing around with the On Enter and On Exit options whilst extending the slide duration to a larger number than the Pause After option but nothing works now...)

Help would be GREATLY appreciated as this is for my dissertation project that I'm already behind on...

Thanks,

Jordan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Can you confirm your setup because it is very confusing.

Normally a D&D slide has a duration of 3 seconds, and similar to quiz slides, gets an automatic pausing point at 1.5secs (although it is not visible in the timeline which is a UI bug). Why do you add another absolute pause (not the same effect as a pausing point) On Enter?  Failure captions: normal that they appear after each failure, it is only the Last Attempt action which is limited to the third failure in your case. You can use the Fai

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm your setup because it is very confusing.

Normally a D&D slide has a duration of 3 seconds, and similar to quiz slides, gets an automatic pausing point at 1.5secs (although it is not visible in the timeline which is a UI bug). Why do you add another absolute pause (not the same effect as a pausing point) On Enter?  Failure captions: normal that they appear after each failure, it is only the Last Attempt action which is limited to the third failure in your case. You can use the Failure caption (it is often a shape, not a caption) with a variable to mimick a Retry message. 

http://blog.lilybiri.com/custom-failure-messages-slash-attempts-drag-and-drop

Have a lot of blogs about D&D but not for the use case as KC slide in an interactive video.  Sorry. Anyway you need to take out the Pause On Enter for that overlay slide for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice!

When I changed the time of the slide it still didn't work... So, I just recreated both slides without reducing the automatic 3 second time-frame and added them as overlays. It works now, won't change duration anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources