• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to setup multiple quizzes in the same Captivate presentation?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to setup a training project which has multiple sections corresponding to different categories within the training.  After each section I'd like to setup a quiz which draws a few questions from the question pools to do a knowledge check.  After the knowledge check I'd like to allow the user to review the questions of the preceding section before moving to the next section.  Due to the nature of random questions I'm using graded questions from the question pools.  In a training project with 4 sections, I would need 4 quiz review slides.  It looks like currently the quiz review slide is automatically generated for all quiz questions in the presentation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

You are correct.  The Quiz Review is triggered from the button on the Quiz Result slide.  Reviewing the quiz will automatically terminate any ability to use further attempts on the quiz in that session.

Captivate projects are really only designed to have ONE quiz (plus the possibility of a Pre-Test).  For what you want to do, the better option is to have multiple projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct.  The Quiz Review is triggered from the button on the Quiz Result slide.  Reviewing the quiz will automatically terminate any ability to use further attempts on the quiz in that session.

Captivate projects are really only designed to have ONE quiz (plus the possibility of a Pre-Test).  For what you want to do, the better option is to have multiple projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goal was just to be able to review the questions of the preceding section.  If there's a way to do that with a single quiz I'd be fine with that as well.  Is it possible maybe using advanced actions to keep track of the random questions in the preceding slides and then have a way to revisit those slides while showing the correct answers on those slides just for the preceding section? That would meet my requirement.

Thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Review situation wjere the correct and given answers are given is always for the total quiz, with the default settings of Quizzes in Captivate this is not possible.

I blogged once about giving intermediate score slides, but you want more. It could be done with shared/advanced actions, but you should need to store each given answer in a user variable, because the quizzing system variable cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice is reused on each slide. Since you are however talking about random questions, this will complicate even that setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay but for me... I don't know how to have one project link to the next.  I want to have it so once you successfully complete the quiz in one project, you can then go to the next project automatically, but when I set the continue button to the next project, and then upload them on SCORM Cloud, and then initiate the first project, when I complete it, and click continue it does not open the next project.  I am a bit of a beginner... any ideas how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, what you are trying to do violates the way SCORM projects are expected to work. 

According to the SCORM standard no SCO is allowed to directly call another SCO.  It has to be the LMS that initiates the launch of the next SCO and that can only happen if either the LMS has a feature that loads the next SCO on completion of the previous one, or else the user initiates the launch by clicking a link or button in the LMS to launch it.

So, your intention is being blocked by the LMS for good reason.  It needs to control the launch so that it can then track the next SCO for scoring and interaction etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is indeed the functionality of the LMS who should take care of the sequence of the modules. Most of the LMSs allow to establish rules. One example: the second module will only appear for learners who have completed (or passed) the first module. SCORM packager could allow you to package multiple modules in one, but personally I largely prefer to use LMS functionalities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources