• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to change the "Video" playback skin in Captivate 2017?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can select the skin from the list but they all appear the same way, no change no mater which one I select.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. I can choose any number of skins for my video but when I open the preview or publish the project it goes back to the same skin. Are you using a trial version of Captivate? I'm trying to narrow down the possible causes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It cannot be due to being a trial version, sorry.

Are you talking about the control panel for an event video? Or about the skin for an interactive course? Is it a normal or a reponsive project? Maybe post screenshots if my questions are not clear to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is in a responsive course. Video type is Progressive Download Video. Skin options shown below.  Regardless of selection, playback bar shown at bottom is what I get.

VideoSkinOptions.pngPlayback bar.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I realized that this is a responsive project issue. In a blank project you have the whole selection of skins in the video bar, but once you make it responsive it forces you to use the default responsive skin which is the one in the image you showed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a responsive project you can only use the mobile playbar, not the whole bunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I have a blank project with a customised skin and the color of the corporation is red and I want to have the skin of the video player to be red. The project is published in HTML .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the video player or the playbar for a published project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, except my project is not responsive. No matter what video skin I choose, once it is published as HTML5, the video skin is the same as the one the OP showed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

so I see some confusion. There are TWO kinds of skins.

The skin for your Main Project(at the very bottom of your project when you preview), lets call that the Project Skin, and the skin for Video (Video Skin) that sits underneath your Event Videos.

ALL the video skins.... are SWF's (Shockwave Flash files) so if you are exporting to HTML5 you are avoiding the SWF, and NONE of the VIDEO SKINS will work. And as far as I know there is no way to customize it. The skin should show up when you rollover the video.

Ive read a work-around can be to import your video into multi-slide video, and then the MAIN Project skin can control the video.

Hope this makes sense.

cheers!

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Video player skins do work for event video. Even the nomral playbars are SWF files. They work on HTML5, don't they?

There is a big difference between inserting video as event video, which plays totally independent of Captivate and comes for that reason with an individual control panel (called video playbar or skin). If you insert as synchronized video, it can be controlled by Captivate, but you have to create custom buttons. Playing and pausing, even rewinding is OK but the indivitual progress bar (which yoy can have for event videoà is not so easy to create. Slide has to be extended to the duration of the video. If working with fluid boxes, there are still more issues with synchronized  video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - Still works great today. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video players skins work for event video ONLY when exporting to SWF. They do not work for HTML5 export.

the suggestion or multi-slide video is just a work-around for those that want to keep their videos branded with their own skin.

The real answer for Event Video is NO - you are not able to customize these skins. Although I imagine someone has some scripted work around.

sorry.. I don't make the products, just trying to help!

cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have publsihed courses, reponsive projects, using event video skins that work on mobile devices.  I have not published to SWF since quite a while. Maybe I'm just lucky

The format of all the skins is SWF, not only the video skins.

The comment about diffference between event and synchronized video was just to clarify. When I want to control video I will use synched video (like for interactive video buttons). There are some limitiations about synchronized video in a fluid box, it is unlocked immediately., whereas event video perfectly fits in a fluid box  You are correct that since you need custom buttons  for synchronzied video that it is a better way to brand the design even if you have to miss the scrub bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources