• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an efficient way to make an animaiton?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I have some quetions about the Interactions. 

In this project, what I want to do is let the image Moon and text Moon appear first, and after I click on the slide, the image Sun and text Sun will appear. The way I do this is adding 2 click boxes, and their Action on Success are Continue and Go to the nesxt slide. The area of the click boxes tile the whole slide. This is ok. But I always think there probably some efficient ways to achieve this. If there are, could you give me some related links? I can't find them in this community. Thank you so much!

Best Regards

Eve_Ning_0-1675672145423.png

Eve_Ning_1-1675672159330.png

Eve_Ning_2-1675672169834.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click boxes are bit outdated, and they cannot be used in responsive projects with Fluid Boxes because stacking is not allowed.

Simple animations can indeed be done using the timeline as you do, and pausing that timeline as you did. May I warn you that you have a very short timeline for the first click box, and that several objects have the end of their timeline tied to the end of the slide timeline? 

Wouldn't it be better to use one or more effects and only one click box or shape button (which can be made invisible or have the background image as fill)? Did you ever explore effects? You would use a variable to track if it is the first click or the second click, and execute a different action (apply an entry or motion path effect) depending on the value of the variable? That would be using an advanced action.

Or maybe you could opt for a multistate object which has both the moon and the sun as states, and start with a Normal state which is an invisible shape (Alpha and Stroke both set to 0). That shape can be turned into a button, and tha ction would be 'Go to Next State...'. Have a look at:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/tip-3-show-slash-hide-or-multistate-object-advanced-slash-shared-actions

At this moment you are using the timeline, but with a multistate object that will not be necessary. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean the small red arrow on the right of the timeline of a click box, right? I found that it doesn't affect the preview, so I've been ignoring it. 

I have explored Effects, it's in the Timing panel. But I don't work out how to use it to achive "Continue" and "Go to the next slide"(what click box can achieve). So I don't know that you said "use one or more effects and only one click box or shape button". I don't need some cool effects like Rotateto or Loop. I only want the images and text caption appears with the click of my mouse. They just stay there, silently. I also don't need variables cause it's hard for me. Do you have any suggestions? I really appreaciate your help. 

Eve_Ning_1-1675682279671.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I warned you about that 'red arrow' because it means that if you increase the duration of the slide, those objects will move further away from the start of the slide. That can give an unwanted result. Maybe try to read at least this blog post:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/captivates-timelines-master-slide-slash-normal-slide-cptx-demystified

And even more important:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

You will see that this last post has over 70K views...

I recommend these because you seem to prefer working only with the Timeline, which in this case is a pity.

The last alternative I gave was the multistate object where you could have the Moon and the Sun appear as added objects in states, using the Go to Next State command. 

You call this an animation, reason why I recommended the effects, not rotation, but an entrance effect, or a motion effect. Looking from the viewpoint of a learner, I would recommend a Next button instead of a click box. You can use the Timeline to have that Next button appear later on the timeline. Reason why I warned about the objects attached to the end. 

Look at these screenshots:

SunMoon.PNG

The Background image is in a shape, and I activated 'Use as a button' in the Properties panel.

Clicking the State view button, I took out the Rollover and Down states (InBuilt) using the right click menu. 

I added one custom state: Second:

SunStates.PNG

That shape button has this action and 'Continue playing project' is activated (default).

SunAct.PNG

That Shape button (SB_Background paused at 1.5sec (default). On the timeline you see that I inserted another button which starts at 1.6sec and pauses the slide 1sec later. Clicking that Next button (SB_Next) has the default action 'Go to Next Slide'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources