• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is There Anyway to Add Functionality to Quiz Buttons?

Engaged ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add functionality to the quiz and it would be helpful, for example, to know what button was pressed. Can the quiz buttons be called with Advanced Actions (are they named)? It seems that the quiz functionality is pretty locked down from modifying (probably for good reason).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

No. Quiz buttons do not have item names and cannot be referenced via advanced action.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Quiz buttons do not have item names and cannot be referenced via advanced action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I suspected. Thanks for the confirmation.

Thanks Rod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific functionality are you trying to add to the quiz? It might still be possible to achieve via some other method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was following one of Lily's tutorials with having a different audio file play based on whether they passed or failed the quiz. The thing I didn't like was when they reviewed the quiz and came back to the results slide, the audio played again. I thought if I could set a variable based on them clicking the Review Quiz button, I could stop the audio from playing the second time it hit the Quiz Results page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should still be possible.  You just need to set up your Conditional Advanced Action that gets executed On Slide Enter of the Quiz Results slide to also set a variable that tracks whether or not the audio has been played. (I'm assuming that you are SHOWing hidden objects with the Success or Fail audio attached, correct?)

So, your Conditional Action also needs to look at this tracking variable to see if it has been set to indicate that the audio has already been played.  If not, it will proceed to SHOW the relevant object.  If the variable indicates this has already been done, then the Conditional Action does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using the show hidden objects method. That's pretty much was I did with the variables but I was getting inconsistent results. I worked on it for a while and then scrapped it and moved on. I started hearing the sounds so much I got annoyed and then I thought maybe the person taking the quiz would be annoyed too. I'll get back into it again soon and test. When I get some more info, I'll post back.

Thanks for the help...I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kurrykid,

I do not know about which audio you are talking, but there is at least one blog post in whichI explained how you avoid having the audio played when reentering a slide. For the moment Posterous is down, cannot send you the link but it is a recent post "Audio objects, control them". I showed the same feature in an older one: "Playtime with Audio and Widgets". And I suppose now you were referring to my Question slide blog posts.

BTW: in Captivate 6 shape buttons can be used on Question slides, hope to find time to blog about them but it is so busy here.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing a similar issue.  There seems to be no change to the radio buttons when a user clicks the answers in question slides.  Is it because of the theme colors I am using or just an issue with Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a really OLD thread, almost ten years ago.

Could you please lot a new thread for this, and perhaps also provide some screenshots to show the problem you are seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources