Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue publishing Blank project

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I have a project with a 360 slide in it.

Whenever publishing it to my PC, this slide turns into a black slide showing only the 360° icon.

What can I do to prevent this? I saw a few posts but I'm not too technical so I can't figure it out.

We don't have Connect/Prime. Anybody can support me on this?

Thx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

May I know if you are using Captivate?

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Yes captivate 2019 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Captivate Prime forums, let me move this discussion to Captivate Forums.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you check the published output? Did you upload it to a webserver for testing?  Which browser or device did you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Lilybiri says, 360 Virtual Reality output from Captivate requires the content to be viewed from a web server environment.  This happens automatically if you are using a web-based LMS. 

But if you just want to view your content in a Localhost webserver, then use the Preview as HTML5 option in Captivate.  That will create a temporary localhost web server environment in which to display your project output.

You can also use the Publish to Computer option.  But if you do, then you must deselect the ZIP opiton and accept the choice it gives you to immediately view your content.  Then you will again be shown your content in a temporary localhost web server environment.  If you then close the browser, the localhost server is shut down.  Trying to view your content by just double-clicking the index.html file will result in the issue you describe where the 360 slide does not display anything.  It needs the web server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources