• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue when trying to preview project - Swf compilation failed

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on Preview to review my project, I get the attached error message. What can I do?

3b0a0ddf-dd4a-4edf-a0a3-6af3cae294b5.jpg

I have tried:
1. Reinstall Captivate
2. Open the AdobeCaptivate.ini file (C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe Captivate 6 x64) and add Use32BitJVMForPublish = 1
3. Move folder for published projects, cashe and audio to C:

Even if I open up a whole new, blank project, this problem arises.

What else can I do?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Preview method did you use? If you are on a non-responsive project, the only valid Preview is F11, Preview HTML in Browser. Did you try that one? Be careful with the browser as well: do not use older versions of IE, and Safari also often leads to problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This error message can occur if you've labelled something using a reserved word. This is difficult to troubleshoot because a typical Adobe Captivate project can contain hundreds of objects. I last ran into this when I used some unique labelling for my question pools. In my case, I reverted the names of my question pools back to simple labels like Pool1, Pool2, etc. Once I did that everything was fine.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources