Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Captivate 2019 Project published to HTML5

Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have published a project to HTML5 and loaded it into our LMS. On some slides the audio is not playing and on others there is a delay in the audio statting. I removed the Scaleable html cthinking this could be the issue but its doing the same thing. If I use the TOC to select a topic - I have to click it a good few times before the audio will start to play. 

I do have some FMR slides in the project which play fine eventhough the HTML5 tracker advises that they are not supported. Could this be the issue? Any advice will be appreciated. Please advise thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

FMR slides will be converted to MP4, but indeed, sometimes they lead to issues. However I don't think this is linked with your audio problems.

Did you leave a gap  befor and after the audio timelines in each slide?

GapAudio.png

If you don't have that, maybe Captivate sees all the audio files as one large project file, and that indeed may lead to synchronisation issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FMR slides will be converted to MP4, but indeed, sometimes they lead to issues. However I don't think this is linked with your audio problems.

Did you leave a gap  befor and after the audio timelines in each slide?

GapAudio.png

If you don't have that, maybe Captivate sees all the audio files as one large project file, and that indeed may lead to synchronisation issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Lilybiri - placing a space at the start of audio did resolve the audio issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri - just to confirm I need to move the audio to start a second after the slide? Or will a silence at the start of the audio be ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you not see the screenshot I psoted? Silence in the audio clip will not help, will be cut by CP. You need to move the audio timeline as I showed, but not for a second, may be less. I usualy have something between 0,1 and 0,5secsn depending on the weight of the audio clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it - thanks! Would you know why I have a slide 3 missing in the TOC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you efresh the TOC? What type of slide is this? Do you have hidden slides, quiz slides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri - I do have two hidden slides but this slide is just a normal slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag the hidden slides to the bottom of the Filmstrip and Refresh the TOC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will I lose all my TOC labels if I reset or is refresh somewhere else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends how you created those labels! If you labeled slides and slide groups in the Filmstrip, you will not lose anything. However if you created the labels in the TOC directly (bad practice) and/or added more levels, you will lose everything indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources