• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jump from one project to specific slide in another project

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two separate modules that I want to jump between, if the instructor chooses to do so, otherwise they should play as independent modules. In other words, if the instructor wants to jump from slide 4 in module 1 to slide 3 of module 2 to show a relationship between the topics, I will have a button that will allow the jump.

So far I can get mod 2 to open but it opens at the first page. If I add a function that calls a specific page, it will open mod 2 and also a blank page. I cannot get it to go to the page I want. I also need the 2nd module to be able to run independently from start to finish by itself when that module is selected in the course.

I have tried these posts:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/how-to-jump-to-a-specific-slide-when-opening-one-project-fr... 

and

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/jump-to-a-slide-in-another-project/td-p/3728297 

as well as following the suggested posts from within these if they were applicable. 

I created an advanced action with Java scrip that reads as: 

if(window.location.href.indexOf("?slide"!=1){var slideNumber=window.location.href.substring(window.location.href.index Of("?slide")+7);var cp = document.getElementById("Captivate");cp.cpEISetValue("cpCmndGotoSlide", slideNumber-1);cp.cpEISetValue("rdcmndResume",1);}

This scrip is on the 1st page of mod 2 (the one I want to open at a spcefic page). 

The button on the page in mod 1 has the following: 

Open URL or file

drive\folder\folder\index.html or

drive\folder\folder\index.html?slide=3 (for the page I want to go to)

We are doing this locally for now. 

We are using Captivate 2019 (11.5.5.553) for this.

I am not real familiar with this type of coding so please be gentle in your answer and as specific as possible.

Thanks in advance for the help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this, the code you are using was for a SWF.

if ( window.location.href.indexOf("?") !== -1 )
{
var slideNumber = window.location.href.split("=")[1];
window.cpCmndGotoSlide = Number(slideNumber);
window.cpCmndResume = 1;
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see that you are testing this locally for now, which is fine if you are eventually going to be delivering this content from a normal web server.  However, is there any intention to deliver this content as a SCORM package from an LMS? 

If so, you will not be able to one SCO module to launch another SCO module.  That's not the way SCORM is designed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources