• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jump to a specific frame on a slide and play

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created this simple advanced script to jump to a specific frame on a slide, then applied the advanced action to a button. it jumps to an unspecified slide instead.

The value is calculated as frame 20 x 30 FPS = 600

Any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 11.27.00 AM.png

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you could have a look at this blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/micro-navigation-introduction

Your 'advanced' action (it is only one command, could have been a simple action) will jump to 20 secs in the project. If the slide with the button triggering that action is not longer than 20 seconds that will indeed be to another slide. Frame counter is over the whole project.

BTW the action would be more useful if you used cpInfoFPS and calculate the frames from the time in seconds. :

Expression v_frame = 20*cpInfoFPS

Assign cpCmndGotoFrameAndResume with v_frame

I would even prefer to put the time in a variable, which can be populated using a Text Entry Box... It would be an action allowing the user to jump to any time in the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would only work if it is on the 1st slide.

Other slides you need to use:

Expression   cpCmndGotoFrameAndResume = cpInfoCurrentFrame + 600

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to both of you, I'll try this now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok it works but the playback lands further along than I wanted. I'm wondering if my project is set to a lower frame rate like 24 FPS. Where can I check that?

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the reason I mentioned cpInfoFPS. 

Framerate is indeed 30 by default. You can change it under Preferences, Project, Publish Settings.

I rarely use micro-navigation for such a big jump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no luck. When I change the value of v_frame (I initialized this variable BTW) I get the same results every time. 

Here's my script.

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 2.51.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore the show at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the framerate?

What do you really want to achieve? You think that you are not ending up at the right frame? Can you replace cpCmndGotoFrameAndResume by the equivalent which will pause at the frame: cpCmndGotoFrame. Moreover insert a text container with cpInfoCurrentFrame at the start of the project and time it for the rest of the project. That way you'll be able to see where the cpCmndGotoFrame is ending up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give that a try thanks. I just want to have them click an image and go to a specific frame on the slide + one other unrelated action on the same click (so it needs to be an advanced action) The problem I'm having with the above script I posted is that when I change the value to see if I can land in a specific place it keep sending me to the same frame no matter what I enter - in that example 5. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once more you write 'go to a specific frame on the slide', but I already mentioned that the frame counter is incrementing over the project, not slide by slide.  I have been using (and writing about) micro-navigation since a decade and use it a lot for multiple use cases. However it will mostly be a move relative to a certain frame number, like the first frame of a slide. Have a look at this example:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/force-first-slide-view-micro-navigation

You want to use an absolute frame number, and I don't see this as really useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it - once I could view the value for the overall project on the slide it allowed me to send the playback head to the correct places. 

Thanks for all your help on this! Whew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to mark an answer as being correct for the sake of other users? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your current script will go to the frame that is 600 frames from the very first frame in the project, not the first frame in that slide.  Is that what you wanted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I apologise if the functionality in Captivate was not available at the time of the question.

is the following workaround more practicable ?

-Add a blank, small interactive video as a placeholder
-Place it outside the stage and make it invisible.
-for interactive videos, you can add bookmarks very comfortably and also control them.

I am not yet that experienced with Captivate. In my quick & dirty test it works

nice greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources