Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Shortcuts for Published Videos

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The problem is that i created my recordings in 1024 x764 using the Windows operating system and my client is using a project which has a max of 1024 x 764.  So when they play the video, they can't see the controls on the bottom.  The only keyboard shortcut i know of is "Enter", which closes the video and does not help too much.  Does anyone know any others?  I have tried many combinations.  I found that if you hit tab key, you can use the arrow keys to atleast see the pop ups of each control.  However, for some reason, the videos are being cut off a little on the bottom and i am unable to see the words on those pop up menu controls.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks,

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem that you've hit here could easily have been avoided by verifying your target audience monitor resolution prior to setting up your Captivate movie size.  Once you know the minimum monitor resolution that you have to build for on end user machines, you have to allow for browser chrome, toolbars, etc.

I'm sure having experienced this issue, on subsequent projects you will take the precaution of doing some testing to ensure you don't discover this issue AFTER performing all your captures.

As to a fix for this dilemma:

• If you have not already burned too much time on doing the captures, I would suggest you go back and redo them at the proper reduced size which allows for your end user screens.  You can resize your current project using the options under Modify > Rescale project, to match the new required size, and then just go through quickly and copy / paste in the new backgrounds.  Occasionally, you'll need to replace the entire slide (e.g. where text typing animation is shown).  This solution gives you the best looking end result, but it takes the most time.
  • If the first solution is not possible because you've burned too much time already, you'll be forced to rescale your project down to a size that will allow users to see your playbar.  But doing so will mean you lose some crispness in the appearance of onscreen text.  This is your quickest solution but not the best-looking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, Rod. But what about Dan's question about using keyboard controls to operate his published Captivate? I'm running into a similar issue. After publishing as HTML and vieweing in Chrome, I can press the Tab key and see that each control is being highlighted as as I tab to it. But, when the playback control is highlighted, I cannot use the keyboard to perform the action. For example, I can tab to the TOC button in the playbar, yet when the TOC button is highlighted, pressing Enter (or any other key on the keyboard) does not open the TOC.  Any ideas on how to use the keyboard (instead of the mouse) to operate the playback controls?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have a TOC button on your playbar, that means you are using an Overlay TOC, correct?  That option is not available with the Separat TOC.

On my computer, if you tab to the the TOC button (or any other button on the playbar), hitting the spacebar is equivalent to clicking it.

Does that work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources