• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layering issue with multi-state buttons

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See attached. I have created a custom accordion interaction that forces the learner to click on each tab before the Next button appears. Everything is working properly except the + signs from the lower Normal state objects show on top of the upper Selected state objects even though they are lower in the Timeline. Any suggestions for how to correct this? I have tried inserting the + as both a text caption and .svg with same result. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

I did zoom in, but the Object State panel was included in a global screenshot and couldn't exactly see how it was set up.

Reason is that the InBuilt states always have priority over the custom states, at least for the added objects.

Easy fix would be to use the InBuilt Visited state instead of your custom Selected state. I double-checked quickly in simple project. It has only three tabs but works as expected.

TabsOne.PNG

TabsTwo.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - forgot to mention I am using Captivate 2019 on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of questions:

• Exact version number please. Under CP2019 there have been about 6 releases. Check the full version number under Help, About Captivate.
  • Is the + button added as extra object under the Normal state? That is not visible in the tiny screenshots.
  • Please use the Preview Window for screenshots of conditional actions with one or more decisions. It will be much easier to read. You open it with this highlighted button. 
    PreviewButton.PNG
    If you are new to advanced actions read this blog: http://blog.lilybiri.com/advanced-actions-dialog-box-in-captivate-2017

BTW Forgot to mention that the stacking order in the Timeline has nothing to do with the states, maybe I misunderstand your sentence: "... the + signs from the lower Normal state objects show on top of the upper Selected state objects even though they are lower in the Timeline. ".  I think you want to hide the + signs for the non active buttons when another button is in Selected state? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response

• Captivate 2019 release 11.5.5.553
  • Yes, the + is an extra object in the Normal state - sorry I thought you’d be able to zoom in on the screenshots
  • See attached for the script in Preview window
  • I was hoping that if btn_WRHA1_PS is above the other objects in the timeline, that any objects associated with the btn_WRHA1_PS Selected state would cover the other objects on the slide, eliminating the need for me to hide the other + signs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did zoom in, but the Object State panel was included in a global screenshot and couldn't exactly see how it was set up.

Reason is that the InBuilt states always have priority over the custom states, at least for the added objects.

Easy fix would be to use the InBuilt Visited state instead of your custom Selected state. I double-checked quickly in simple project. It has only three tabs but works as expected.

TabsOne.PNG

TabsTwo.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that worked! Thanks so much Lilybiri, I did not realize the InBuilt states would take priority.

Thanks also to Paul Wilson for the great instructional video  https://youtu.be/q72erxHjJd8 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can suggest is to check the transparency of the objects (perhaps the + is showing through the other multistate objects). Your advanced actions look right for this interaction. I did something similar in this video: https://youtu.be/q72erxHjJd8 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul. Yes, it was your excellent  video that gave me this idea. Apologies for not giving you credit in my original post. See attached, I've checked the transparency of each of the grey boxes in the Selected states - they are a solid fill with 100% opacity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm at a loss. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources