• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking a (published project) URL/File no longer opening as new tab (in LMS)

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Captivate 2017 and have many projects where they link to subprojects (using the 'open URL or file, and then putting the published project in the callees folder, and selecting 'new' - so it opens in a new tab).  This has always worked perfectly and uploaded into our LMS perfectly.  It does now not seem to work, we have recently changed our UI in prepration for the flash leaving, (amongst other reasons). 

When the main project is launched from the LMS it opens as a popout window.  When the sub-project opens from the main project, it  opens back on the LMS tab, so that when you close the subproject it closes the entire LMS, rather than just that tab?

Suspect it may be an LMS setting... it works correctly when just launching locally (without the LMS).  Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem.

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

If you have not changed the way the links were set up just before this occurred then most likely this is due to some update on the LMS (as you suggest).  However, if you want a more definitive test as to where the issue lies, just upload the same ZIP SCORM to SCORM Cloud online LMS for testing.  You can get a free account for testing and upload SCORMs that are less than 100 megabytes in size to test.  If you see the same issue on SCORM Cloud then you will need to change something about how your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have not changed the way the links were set up just before this occurred then most likely this is due to some update on the LMS (as you suggest).  However, if you want a more definitive test as to where the issue lies, just upload the same ZIP SCORM to SCORM Cloud online LMS for testing.  You can get a free account for testing and upload SCORMs that are less than 100 megabytes in size to test.  If you see the same issue on SCORM Cloud then you will need to change something about how your links are configured in the content.  However, if SCORM Cloud shows the desired behaviour, then the issue is with your own LMS.  You may still find you need to make some changes to your content to accommodate the LMS, but at least you will know it was not your fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome thanks Rod, think i just needed a santity check, I'll try that now.  Can you tell me where i'd find the scorm cloud online LMS - 

appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod, just making sure I haven't missed something here...when you say upload the 'zipped scorm',  I can't see a way to do this.  I can see the 'Preview in scorm cloud' but as my workflow is:

1. publish the main project,
  2. and then manually move the sub-project into the main projects 'callees' folder.
  3. And then zip it up...

I dont think i will be able to actually upload this into the Scorm cloud for testing can I?

If i just tried to 'preview in scorm cloud' I wouldnt be able to see the sub project...or am i misunderstanding your suggestion?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you Google for SCORM Cloud you will find it here:

SCORM Cloud: Test, Play and Distribute eLearning (rusticisoftware.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources