• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loop works the first time but not there after. Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you in

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI I have an issue with some quiz settings, I have given the learner 3 attempts to pass the quiz, if they fail after these 3 attempts they are sent to the begining of the course again. This works fine the first time. But when I come to redoing the learning and complete the quiz once, the button the attached advanced interaction is linked to does not advance.

So to be clear it is my forth attempt when this happens. I am using Captivate 9 Capture.JPG2019 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A great troubleshooting tool in situations like this is to make a smartshape and place your variable inside of double dollar signs. Place it on any slides where you work with the variable or where it is adjusted.

$$cpQuizInfoAttempts$$

This will display the current value of that variable for you. You can make sure that the variables have the values you expect them to have or not. This can lead you to either revise your actions, how the actions are called, when they are called, where they are called, or perhaps a combination of the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You ate tlaking about a new session. How did you set up the Quiz Preferences? Do you have it set to Infinite Attempts?

As I have written recently, the advanced conditional action using a combination of AND and OR can be tricky. That may also be the reason, if the transfer of data is correct with the LMS. I would never set up the action that way. It would be safer to use a user variable to count the attempts in each session, since that variable is reset when you start a new session.  That will reduce the condition to two with the AND operator.

Confusing is also that you talk about a 'button' to trigger that action? I would expect it to be triggered by the On Enter event fot  the Score slide. 

Moreover I see tthat you have multiple decisions. Is it possible to insert a screenshot of the Preview window to see the complete action? You can get Preview using the first button (arrow) in the top control panel of the Advanced Actions dialog box.

More information about the Advanced Actions (Advanced Interaction is a panel, which includes all kind of interactions) dialog box in:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/advanced-actions-dialog-box-in-captivate-2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank for feedback, as per your request here is my preview screen grabCapture1.JPG

Slide 19 the start of the quiz again

Slide26 is a feedback slide

Slide 5 is the start of the training module

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I read this...

You will only ever return to slide 19 prior to the third attempt because you only check it below three as the condition.

I might suggest    if  !=  3, 6, 9, etc  so that you cover all the subsequent attempts between the retake of content every third attempt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read my other questions and comment?  I still don't know which event is triggering this action, which is logically the On Enter slide event of the Results slide. Did you check if the LMS sends back the value of the system variable? Why do you not use my suggestion to replace the system variable by a user variable. That way you don't need that complicated condtion which may be also the cause of your problems. cpQuizInfoAttempts is incremented when you reach the score slide and Retake is clicked. Alternative is my proposal to use the results slide On Enter event.

Moreover, using a user variable would also solve the problem for attempt 3,4,7,8.... since it woudl always be 1 or 2. 

Create a user variable v_attempts, starting with default value of 0.

On Enter for the Score slide:

1. Check for cpQuizInfoPassFail, if it is 1, you go to the success slide, if not you increment v_attempts by 1
  2. Second decision: check if v_attempts is lower than 3 AND cpQuizInfoPassFail is 0. , If yes, go to the Failure slide
  3. Third decision: check if v_attempts is equal to 3 AND cpQuizInfoPassFail is 0. If yes, go to slide 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You asked me to send the preview which I did!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And both StagPrime and myself already did see the issues with the third decision. But you still did not answer which EVENT is triggering this action. Moreover I offered another workflow which will be a lot better and avoid the present issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying your suggestion now thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.3JPG.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you need to swap that cpQuizInfoAttempts variable out with the PassFail one.

Also - will need to remember to reset the v_attempts back to zero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you expect them to do more than 3 attempts in one session, you'll need ann extra decision:

IF v_attempts is 4

Expression v_attempts = v_attempts - 3

That decision should be the second one, before checking the Failure attempts.

If the session is closed and restarted, the user variable will automatically be reset to 0, you don't need to do anything.

Sorry for this correction, didn't have time to check it out, close to midnight here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources