Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Captivate Start from Beginning in LMS

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone might be  able to help me with an issue I am having.

I created a simulator for a system I use at my work. I uploaded it in our LMS - Saba. When I exit out of the course, and go back in it takes me back to the slide that I left off at.  Ideally I want to simulator to start off at the main page (1st page) every time I use it.

Is there a setting on my Captivate file that would allow me to do this, or does this have to do with the Saba?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

By default, Captivate sends Resume Data to your LMS. If you press Shift + F8 and enter Preferences, navigate to the Quiz category and select the Reporting subcategory you will see the reporting page. Click on the Advanced button. Check off Never Send Resume Data and each time a user exits and restarts the course it will begin at the first slide.

2017-03-17 4-45-03 PM

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default, Captivate sends Resume Data to your LMS. If you press Shift + F8 and enter Preferences, navigate to the Quiz category and select the Reporting subcategory you will see the reporting page. Click on the Advanced button. Check off Never Send Resume Data and each time a user exits and restarts the course it will begin at the first slide.

2017-03-17 4-45-03 PM

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was exactly what I needed. Thanks so much, Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul to the rescue, again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its doesn't seem to work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an LMS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Skillserve/Unicorn

It works if I publish to Scorm 2004 but with errors.

31-08-2017 15-38-36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That particular 'error' usually indicates that the SCORM is unable to communicate with the LMS for some reason. 

The most often cause is that you are running the SCORM on your local PC just to test it, in which case it would be perfectly normal for the SCORM to complain about not finding an LMS anywhere in the vicinity.

So is that likely to be the cause?  When you saw this error message were you just looking at the file  on your PC in a browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i preview using scorm cloud nothing appears, if i upload to our LMS and run it that's when the error appears but if i make it scorm 1.2 no error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Then have you checked with your LMS Administrator as to whether or not your particular LMS supports SCORM 2004?  Not all LMSs do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im waiting for an answer from them, if that version of SCORM is not supported is there any other way to stop the learning resuming from where they left off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the Resume Data bookmarking by selecting the option in the Quiz Settings under Advanced > Never Send Resume Data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't seem to work on Scorm 1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Rod proposed always worked for me on 1.2. Did you try it on SCORM Cloud? It may be a LMS issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul. I am also using a SABA LMS. Is there a way to keep the "Never Send Resume Data" on and make the module to start from the beginning after completion? I added a resume option at the last slide, where the user can choose between starting from the beginning or exiting out.

isama84723550_0-1595004418277.png

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isama84723559 I'm having the same issue with the same LMS. Once something completes it stays on the last slide but I want them to be able to stop and have it book marked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to have it bookmarked then keep Never Send Resume Data unchecked. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering Paul and I'm sorry I guess I wasn't very clear. We have courses that complete and get to the last slide (using SABA, Scorm 1.2, Captivate 2019, HTML5). Once the course finishes and completes we want them to go back to the beginning on a relaunch but we also want it to bookmark if they stop prior to completion. Right now it goes to the last slide when they relaunch the course. I'm wondering if it can only be one way or another which is a shame as I would think we could have both. Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your Saba LMS supports SCORM 2004, try configuring it to Set Exit to Normal After Completion.

QuizReportingAdvancedSetExitToNormalAfterCompletion.png

This setting is not available for SCORM 1.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I feel your pain. I resolved the issue by adding a final slide that will give the user an option between exiting the module or starting from the first slide. This applies to every module I published with SCORM 1.2 in SABA LMS. When doing so, the module is bookmarking and giving the user an option to re-launch with an option to start from the first slide.

As Rod mentioned, if you publish the module in SCORM 2004, you do not have to add a final slide with the resume from the beginning or exit options. A call will be sent out to display a message to the user with the choices. The only thing is SABA does not support SCORM 2004 for mobile devices.

I know that Articulate Storyline 360 has a feature that prompts the user to wither to start from the beginning or resume where left on modules that are published in SCORM 1.2. I wish Adobe Captivate has the same feature. I hope this helps.

isama84723550_0-1598967252528.png

isama84723550_1-1598967340472.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The purpose of Never Send Resume Data is to forget the users progress when they return to the course. When I worked for my last employer my solution was to never send resume data but make it easy when launching the course from the LMS to either navigate back to where they left off with no more than about two clicks. This way the quiz was always available on relaunch as well.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all, 

Just when I thought I had finished this project, something else crops up...

I, too, am having the same issue.  I have multiple project files representing course modules as the preference was for a proficiency assessment for many of the modules.  At the end of each quiz, there is a 'Post Score' button which records the learner's score and continues to the final slide.  The final slide was, originally, providing advice of module completion and then exits.  Of course, there is a requirement for bookmarking and hence, when the learner relaunches a module, it will open at the last slide.

Having read the comments on this topic, I have included the ability for the learner to select 'exit' or 'view' the module again.  Great, that works.  However, when viewing the module again, they're required to answer the quiz questions again to get to the very end.  This doesn't alter the original score achieved but what I thought would occur is once they reached the quiz questions, they would basically display in 'review' mode.  I know the Client and the LMS Support Team will not like this 'feature' (and I certainly don't like it!) so would be grateful for any assistance.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources