• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manual Recordings

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am recording a simulation in the manual type of recording (using the print screen button to manually capture a screen) to capture a non click event like a hover triggered dropdown on a website, but when I preview it, the mouse lags behind the manually captured display. Unlike automatic type recording where the mouse moves to the object and then displays, the dropdown captured displays first and then the mouse moves to where the hover triggers it. Any ideas as to why this is the case?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are describing is quite normal. When you are doing manual captures (hitting the PrintScreen button) it always means you have some 'clean up' work to do afterwards to correct the timing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I've made some easy adjustments to solve the problem, but the strange part is that while I don't use manual mode very often,  I've been using Captivate since version 6 and I don't remember this ever being an issue. Have I really overlooked this for that long?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've used all versions of Captivate since about 2005 and it has always done this.  I actually prefer doing all the captures manually so that I can be sure to capture all the rollovers and dropdown menus etc.  The automatic capture is too hit-and-miss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ihope I understand your point correctly but I often adds extra 'clicks' to force screenshots as the mouse cursor is on a separate layer, I can remove it later. I also had to blend 2 screenshots to fake some interactions that could not be captured.

For example a dropdown list of options, placed on top of the recording. 

I should precise I avoid using video recordings as the editing is more complex for the type of training I create for software/web applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources