• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge with Background only Covering Half of an Image

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using version 11.5.5. I regularly use Merge With Bakground to overlay images over a background image (to cover mistakes, or  updates to a systemn screenprint) and merge it to background. However, this week I am having an issue where the merge is only covering half of an image. So let's say there's a 2 inch area on the background I want to cover. I create a 3 inch shape and overlay it completely, and merge to the background. Only half of the 2 inch image is covered after the merge. It's driving me crazy. Anyone have any thoughts or fixes?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are talking in 'inches' which is not very suitable for web images which are in pixels. That may be exactly the cause of your problems. Maybe show some screenshots?  

Merging with background is possible on master slides, not on normal slides. Which master slide in which theme are you using? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inches was used as an example to state that the overlay shape/image was larger than the area to be covered. I don't think that only being able to use Merge with Background on Master sldies is correct. I use them regularly on Project Background slides, and have never had any issue -- same with my co-workers. 

Interestingly enough, I found that when you publish and play the course, the merge is showing correctly. However on the Timeline of the slide, it shows as only half covered. A glitch perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have terminology issues. You probably are talking about software simulation slides? Those are based on the Blank master slide, and each of the slides is created with a different background. But for normal content slides, merging to background is only possible on master slides. 

Timeline of a slide doesn't show images. How does it look when you use F11, Preview HTML in Browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused by your comment that the Timeline does not show images. As seen in the photo I have attached, this Timeline clearly shows 2 images.

As for the Preview, if I publish the course, the Merge is successful and looks correct. However, it still looks as if it only merged half of the item within the Captivate file. This seems like a glitch, and can potentially cause issues, as we have quite a few people who update courses regularly, and looking at the file, it would look like the course was not created correctly and needs editing -- which, of course, could cause wasted time and frustration trying to correct it, but not having it actually correct when viewing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a Timeline for the image, which literally means that it is NOT merged with the background. Timeline never 'shows' and image, and an image merged into the background has no individual timeline.
It is just a complete misunderstanding of terminology, and that makes it very difficult to explain or give answers. You talk about merging an image and show me a timeline where the image is NOT merged? What was the purpose? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The purpose was to show that images do show on the timeline. You can clearly see that it states image on two timeline issues. But enough with semantics. This is an issue that I need a workaround or fix for. I have clearly stated the issue -- when I place an item (image, shape, etc.) onto the background, then choose Merge With Background, the result is that only half of the item I'm merging actually merges. I have been using the merge option in Captivate for over a year and a half, building courses every day, so I understand and am familiar with how it works. All of a sudden, it's not working as it should., That is the issue I am trying to get resolved. Attached is a step-by-step of what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources