Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Misaligned Objects

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community!

I am noticing that after I publish my course and share through SCORM Cloud that some objects are misaligned on some of the slides. But when I go back to the course and preview in the Captivate App, all is fine. 

I don't want to share a messy finished product so I'm curious if anyone has come across this issue and have advice on how to remedy it. 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of project are you creating? If you are using a responsive project with fluid boxes and are not unlocking objects from the fluid box, make sure that you don't have "maintain aspect ratio" enabled because otherwise Captivate will do this and left/right alignments can go awry. This caught me out. If you are not using fluid boxes and are using the align toolbar to align objects it should be fine. Remember also that the Captivate preview in the app is an approximation and you are doing the right thing by checking in SCORM Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that it is a responsive project. It's been a while since I began it, but "Save as Responsive" is not available to me, which I believe means it is already responsive. Is there a way to check? 

None of the objects in my project have been unlocked from the fluid box and I confirmed that "maintain aspect ratio" is not enabled. 

I used the preview in SCORM Cloud option and everything looked fine, but when I zip and publish to SCORM Cloud as an invitation for reviewers, several objects are still misaligned. See screenshots in thread below. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non-responsive or Reponsive project? 

Which Preview method did you use? If you are on a non-responsive project, the only Preview close to the final output is F11, Preview HTML in Browser. Even then, result can also depend on the used browser.

Please always mention the exact version you are using and the OS. Complete version number can be found under Help, About Captivate.

If you insert some screenshots to clarify the problem that would help. Misalignment on quiz slides are due to different causes from alignment on content slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 2019. 11.5.1.499. OS is Windows 10. I believe I selected responsive project, but not sure how to verify (it's been a while since I began the project). The preview versions that show everything fine are "Preview to Devices" and "Preview to SCORM Cloud." However, as I note above, when I zip and publish to SCORM Cloud as a URL invitation, several objects are out of alignment. See screenshots for a couple examples. You may view the course at https://cloud.scorm.com/sc/InvitationConfirmEmail?publicInvitationId=1a6c525d-4418-4f1a-812e-ed89439... 

Instructions_2 Slide.PNGScenario 1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you publish a SCO you don't have to zip the output, that is done automatically.

It is indeed a Fluid Boxes project, visible from the Publish option you mentioned.

I can only suspect something to be awry with the Fluid Boxes setup, which is difficult to detect without seeing the file. Check if all items are dimmed in the timeline, which proves that they are all in a fluid box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was under the impression the SCORM package needed to be zipped before uploading to the Cloud, but I will try the raw file next time. Could save me some time!

As far as the fluid boxes, I went through all the slide timelines and verified that all objects did not have "unlock fluid boxes" checked. I'm not sure about the "dimmed" items you are referring to in the timeline. I posted a screenshot of one of the slides where the objects are misaligned for reference. In app, all appears fine. Contrast the waist of the character top right w/ the previous screenshot. Scenario 1_in app viewable.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry but you seem very new to Captivate's Fluid Boxes. If you had at least posted a full timeline..., not with parts cut off (first column misses).  I am almost sure that your issues are due to bad setup of fluid boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources