• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouseover event for HTML5

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a simulation of a user interface. The event in the simulation is to Go To Next Slide when the user mouseovers a field.  I tried using the Rollover Slidelet. It works in preview mode but this doesn't work for HTML5 output. Is there another way to advance to next slide on mouseover that works in HTML5?

TOPICS
Advanced actions , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know how to program in JavaScript you can set up an Event Handler that will trigger the action on mouseover.  If you don't know how to program in JavaScript, the CpExtra HTML5 widget from Infosemantics allows you to create the event handlers without being a programmer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not much of a JavaScripter, but I scanned the internet to gather more information about using JavaScript. I was able to piece the code together, and it works good. Thanks for your direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's good to hear.  However, if your course will be displayed on mobile devices such as tablets or phones as well as PCs then you need to be aware that mobile users will not be able to use the mouseover functionality.  I am assuming you are already aware of this and only desktop PCs need to be supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources